Statement of Faith
Since it is integral to the mission of Genesis Park to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ through all means possible, we individually and corporately agree and assent together to the following key principles of the historic Christian gospel and Biblical authority. Moreover, we, as a Board of Directors, management team, staff, and volunteers promise to resign our position of association with Genesis Park should our beliefs no longer conform to this Statement of Faith.
- We believe in the absolute truth of the Bible, both the Old and New Testaments, its inspiration by God and preservation through His providence (II Pet. 1:21).
- We believe that by direct act, God created the earth and all that is in it. We hold to a literal interpretation of Genesis: creation in six 24 hour days, a young earth, and the Genesis Flood. We reject the theories of evolution and the accompanying belief in billions of years of Earth history (Gen. 1:1 – 2:3, Ex. 20:11, Heb. 11:1-3).
- We believe mankind is fallen as a result of sin and requires redemption by the shed blood of Jesus Christ. As the Son of God, Jesus is the only way to heaven (John 14:6).
- We believe that Jesus, as both fully man and fully God, was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died for our sins, bodily rose from the dead; ascended into heaven, and is coming again. (John 1:1-3, 14, Luke 1:35, I Cor.15:1-4, I Thess. 4:16-17).
- We believe that salvation is by faith alone, in Christ alone, and cannot be earned or purchased. Eternal life is a gift by the grace of God (Eph. 2:8-9).
- We believe that the Bible is the final authority for all faith and practice; we commit to give it sacred pre-eminence in our lives (II Tim 3:16).
It is the purpose of Genesis Park in all of its endeavors to communicate the need of mankind for a Savior; and that through the gospel God has demonstrated His love to man by dying on the cross to redeem man. By our signatures below we commit and pledge to one another with joy and ardor through service with Genesis Park to endeavor to fulfill the Great Commission.